PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QCCA Pay and Conditions - A380
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2008, 03:08
Little_Red_Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok fair enough international flying may not have 'belonged' to S/H BEFORE... 'back in the old days' but as said an agreement is an agreement... 25% to short haul... a couple DPS-PER returns a week is NOT 25% of regional flying... first they keep telling the crew in perth what a great base it is, how high they get on satisfaction marks on the Singapore & Hkg runs... it's going great blah blah blah... then pull them off... I know quite a lot of people who travel QF to HKG on business and they are NOT happy... they've written letters stating that they can mostly tell the difference between long haul and short haul crew as long haul seem to disappear after meals are done.... not slating LH crew just telling you what was told to me.

I guess you guys just can't understand from our point of view what it's like to be told 'oh yes you will do all of these international flights' and get good hours doing Singapores then have them yanked out from under you with 2 weeks notice.... a LOT of casuals are having hard time gettig the same hours doing 'domestic' flying as the patterns allocated are crap and are taking 2nd jobs (god knows how with the way our rosters work)

It also hurts a bit because all I've ever heard from a lot of LH crew is 'oh god those Singapore shuttles suck they are so hard where's our 3 day pattern gone I want to go to Sentosa blah blah whinge whinge' well the 12 hour shuttles were par for the course at S/H and WE DID THEM REGULARLY... I have done 2 or 3 in one week before and yes it was part of my job but I loved them... it was a chance to develop our skills and deal with non-English speaking pax... fly on a different aircraft other than the Rolls Royce and while that 25% is in the agreement I will damn well 'whinge about it' whether you lot like it or not... I can imagine the stink there would be if your 'LH FAAA'(whatever that is I thought it was all 'one union') wasn't getting you something in yor agreement... so don't tell us off for wanting what (so far) had been promised to us!

Not talking to all LH crew as most of you are good but for the 5% slackers that pax describe to me pull up your socks and be bloody glad you get these 'boring regionals and bloody Joburgs' because I can assure you there ARE crew out there who would love to do them. Be glad you could get a LH job, not everyone got that opportunity!