PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Open letter from italian cabin crew
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2008, 23:15
Dolley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, I may have missed something.

A few people in this thread have mentioned that this letter was handed to passengers and have reacted to this in their replies.

I can't find any reference in the original thread starter where it says that this letter was actually handed out to passengers.

As for the phrase "today I don’t want your attention on the emergency exits or on the oxygen masks, I would like to talk about something else and I would really appreciate your full attention this time.", I have the feeling the writer of the text was overly dramatic and emotional but I did not have the feeling that they actually skipped the safety demo on any real flight. Of course this is just my perception. The sentence at the end 'I would like that these words would come straight to you, dear passengers but I don’t think this world will ever be published.' seem to prove me correct though.

However, as for the letter actually being handed out to anyone but us here on PPRUNE is jumping to conclusions as it's actually nowhere stated in the text (as long as I haven't missed it.). Again, the last sentence makes me think that the letter didn't go any further than here.

So someone used this forum to vent their frustration in an melodramatic, emotional way. Come on guys, we've all been there, and we are all human.

And saying that, I can't see that many of the replies in this thread are much better. Most seem to have replied without reading the text til the end, and therefore drew wrong conclusions. So who throws the first stone? Not me