PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piston twins, a case of love and serious airmanship
Old 6th Oct 2008, 23:06
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>Which Seneca is that Pace?....I assume it's one of the later ones since I was under the impression that Seneca I single engined ceiling is something like 3000ft. <

Seneca Five twin, Turbocharged intercooled and wastegated. Suggest you go to Piper aircraft and check for yourself?
Seneca 1 is a totally different animal. I have flown them all 1,2,3,4,5

Sternone

>First of all, I DO NOT WANNA FLY WITH YOU, you are completely MESSING UP THE SATISTICS!!! each 900 hours you get an engine faillure ? <

Why do you not want to fly with me? I fly as a captain on Citations with an ATP and have had failures and problems with jets too! but not engine failures.
But isnt that what we are trained for? when things go wrong not the sunny days.

The full engine failure was with an almost new Seneca, 100 hrs total time. Three rocker shafts failed due to incorrect torque of the shafts at Manufacture by continental. Engine replaced within two weeks with an apology.

Second partial was a fuel problem which took a long time to find and required an almost complete replacement of the fuel sytem.

Third was a complete failure of an exhaust manifold pipework which had detached and was found lying at the bottom of the engine cowl.

All luckely for me were handled correctly the full failure occurred at 300 feet in the climb at grosse weight.
So who would you fly with? someone who lost the plot and crashed?

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 6th Oct 2008 at 23:22.