PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU authorities seek to promote air safety; risk of prosecution silencing employees
Old 6th Oct 2008, 21:57
Admiral346

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately, there are a minimum of two bodies who investigate incidents and accidents in the Netherlands. The real investigators and the Justice Department. The latter are a bunch of knob-heads who are out to nail anybody.
Well, this happened in BELGIUM, not the NETHERLANDS.

On the other hand, how incidents are handled at BRU seems to be a joke, it is one of the airports making me sit tight in my seat, trying to catch the mistakes made by all the others, not just my own.

Be it an aircraft busting it's altitude, coming straight at me with a mnm of 500' separation and the comment from the controler being "well, I guess he didn't fly his altitude" iso immediate avoidance vectors (does not the short term conflict thing blink and sound at the ATCO's board?), or be it just the fact, that a single controller is doing ALL the arrivals and departures of BRU that provoces my fear and anger when flying into the capital of Europe! Things need to be handled a bit tighter there, it thinks me! So maybe an offical investigation of another seperation bust doesn't really harm the situation, but maybe shakes a few people up, to get their act together!

My tolerance for errors at BRU is depleted, and anything will be brought to the full attention of the authorities.

Nic