PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai / UAE
Thread: Dubai / UAE
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2008, 19:52
Yellow Snow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Falcon

You may beg to differ, however, your comment was:
To those considering coming over here be ready to deduct a significant amount from you salary for accomodation unless of course you want to live downtown in a rundown flat.
This is very misleading and untrue. As I've stated in my earlier posts.

I received a cheque for 190k from Serco and put another 10K in myself to get a fantastic 2 bed apartment that's far superior to the quality of accomodation I had back in the UK. Not sure what you mean about 20K utilities as I pay these bills myself, nothing to do with Serco.

I agree 100% with you that we should all have the same standard of living, as those lucky enough to be in PS, eg a 3 bed villa, with good amenities in an excellent location with all bills covered by the company, and it creates bad feeling/envy/annoyance that this isn't the case.

However unfair the above is, the facts are that Serco offer a very attractive overall package.

I'd like to think we're singing from the same hymn sheet, but, however unhappy you are with the situation, bear in mind there are ATCO's all over the world equally unhappy with their situation, and I think it only fair that they get the facts not opinion about Dubai.

All the best,
YS