PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RN helicopters vs Saddam's Navy
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2008, 19:40
orca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WEBF,

I am sure that you're doing this in parallel, but the way to influence the conciousness of the public isn't through forums inhabited by like minded people....it's continually prodding fleet media, Navy News and national media et al.

I can clearly remember all the events you speak of - albeit from the view point of an interested school boy. I find your point about a strategic impact debatable - whilst being impressed by the tactical impact the chaps did unquestionably have.

Lastly, and perhaps a little off topic, I believe that we're talking about nine actions and 15 dpi's serviced. There are RN/FAA units deployed as we speak that have serviced far more, far more recently - what effect this represents is again questionable, and i in no way demean one, or favour the other.

Maybe we should be trying to highlight those achievements? And let's not forget they are only a small part of the joint/combined piece. (And in a world with no banter we'd all acknowledge the part played by all the cogs...whether tactical/ strategic etc etc.)

Great effort by the lynx chaps. Sterling effort by those still at the crease.