PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jar-fcl Ppl
Thread: Jar-fcl Ppl
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2008, 15:55
Scott Duch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your replies chaps! I have had 2 hours flying on 'taster' flights and 100% loved it. For my second hour the instructor knew i wanted to become a pilot so we did circuits and i have 7 take-offs and landings to my name. I have thought long and hard about modular vs intergrated but the intergrated seems far more structured and with me at school/uni it seems good. I don't want to ne naieve about money etc but at my age i don't have anything to support such as a family, car, house so it seems in my eyes a better option going intergrated. I'll certainly have a look into the modular path.

If i went ahead with the 5 hours and didn't fly for say a few more months but came back to it would i spend most of my hours relearning what i had done in those initial 5 hours thus wasting money? My mum and dad said if i save my money sensibly from my job then they will see i really want to get my PPL and will contribute about half the sum. Should i wait until i have a nice lumpsum in my account then buy a good chunk of hours. I hope you see what i'm asking but would would be your take on it?