PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QCCA Pay and Conditions - A380
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2008, 15:12
Domestos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks QFQCCA

Hey there QFQCCA....thank you so much for your advice and to put things into perspective for me...I am very grateful you took the time and energy to write such an extensive reply.

The truth, whether we want to accept it or not (or living in denial or not) is that QCCA is the future of flying at Qantas. The aviation industry has changed; the world economy has changed; company focus and strategy has changed....and Qantas has changed. Whether we choose to stay at Domestic or International...either way, we are all dead men and women walking. There will be no A scale long haulers in a few years time (as more and more QCCA crew are hired to displace more and more A scalers and divisonal transfer to LH will be starved off to a crawl). There will be no A scale short haulers (as the 'new entity' ramps up employment and MAM casual contracts will be terminated and VR will shed off more A scalers). The flying for A scale LH will evaporate (eg. QF 31 will be done by A380 + four day LAX will be A380 + SIN/HKG/BKK all going to A380). The flying for A scale SH will disappear too (as A scale will do their daily and meaningless 2 leg Citiflyer to MEL and BNE whilst 'new entity' takes up multi-day trips, if any.....proof: MEL SH base was used as an experiment, quite openly by the company, to see how many 2 leg SYD returns they could cram into FA rosters). So you see...no matter where you choose to stay...SH or LH....we are all dead men and women walking. I don't mean to sound rude...but to think life is going to get any better at either of these A scale divisions is akin to living in denial.

I am just biting the bullet now rather than later....the same bullet all A scalers will eventually bite too. The ships are sinking....jump off now or jump off later, the choice is clear.

This is not to denergrate from what you have said QFACCA. I respect what you have said and I thank you for your advice. BTW...do I know you? I get the feeling, through your writing, that I know you personally and I think you know who I am.....