PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QCCA Pay and Conditions - A380
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2008, 13:10
QFQCCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Domestos

If you are not chasing $$$ go for the A380 but at the end of the day its just another aircraft and new destinations. If you earn what you say you do you will be taking at least a 50% pay cut the best you will ever earn on the A380 once the initial start up ends is around $1500-$1700 per fortnight including salary and allowances probally less in fact im talking max $$. You will certainly not be earning anywhere near $2K or more per fortnight. So if you are working just to pay the rent all will be cool but if you have other financial obligations you will be stuffed.

The A380 is high hour flying therefore your hours will be achieved quickly threfore less slip time once more aircraft come on-line therefore less allowances. I can appreciate you dont like domestic flying but really whats the point of going to L.A. or SIN if you have no money to spend anyway.

You will do it tough and there is NO going back your only hope to ahieve a better income is an up-grade and good luck with that as there are hundreds of crew that will be competing with you regardless of your experience. I mean all the brown noses who do every course, attend every wine thing and anything the company throws at them.

QCCA will always be available once recruitment starts again my advice to you is stick it out at domestic for now and see how things pan out A380 wise once more aircraft come on-line. I am on the A380 and I earn nothing at present as the aircraft is not flying and once it does, sure I will get long slips initially but management have told me that $1500-$1600 per fortnight is what I should expect (and they think that is acceptable). I know what I signed up for but please a cles check out chick earns more then that.

I wouldnt like to be in your position as I would hate the type of flying domestic is currently subject to but that is something that should be taken up with your FAAA, you are entitled to 25% of regional flying why are you not getting that? Maybe its because John Playford and the rest of the FAAA domestic gang are to busy having lunch with Qantas management and working out whats in it for them. Our FAAA is a strong united union that employs professionals to ensure our futures whereas domestics just bow down and lick the ass of Qantas management.

I can see no reason why short haul should not be allowed to take LWOP and operate the A380. But it maybe because Joanne Davidson has no interest in the A380 unlike the London base therefore its a non issue for the domestic FAAA as the last time I checked the 747 and London base was a long haul aircraft and long haul base. Didnt webster say on crew voice that the A380 was a long haul aircraft? I suppose the rules are different when it comes to the Divisional President of the Domestic FAAA.

If I was a domestic flight attendant I would be doing everything in my power to ensure 1 union ONLY looked after Qantas crew and that should be the REAL FAAA not this domestic/regional FAAA that only cares about their own futures and careers certainly not yours. The most flying davidson has proablly ever done was when she was in London but NOT over her dead body would she allow fee paying domestic members operate the A380 and dont tell me for a second she and her mob could not negotiate some sort of arrangement with Qantas because they could they just dont want to. They certainly didnt muck around whe Davidson wanted to go up to London.

All I am saying is think hard dont make a rash decision as you never know whats around the corner in this business. Good luck with your decision. The A380 is a new culture a mix of new crew and experienced crew the CSM's and CSS's are totally dicks and thats putting it nicely then you have the Qantas crew earning double our wage and rubbing it in our face day after day saying they would never work for our money and then you have the bright, happy crew that in a year or two will be doing a SIN jump as there life will become so sad they will see no other option.

Good luck and think hard because that the end of the day webster and the rest of them could give a rats about you, your life or your future all they care about is them, them and of course them.