PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Going to Orlando Flight Training Centre
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2008, 12:13
Boingboingdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the guy wondering if the florida school is a good choice...
Well depends what your career plans are....
If you are planning to stay in the USA..(ie getting married) well youll become an airline pilot...remember though major airlines request a bachelor degree( 4year uni equivalent in any field,2 year in uk should be enough) and a good amount of hours to apply...difficult but possible..friend of mine went to the usa same time as me ..after instructing,he flew c402..then crjs as fo then captain and finally United airlines last year...he got married in the process...

If you decide to return and fly a jet with 200 hours which is only possible in europe..i STRONGLY recommend you save your money and do all in your country (UK )..
Because airlines will not be impressed by your cpl in florida..and you will most probably struggle with your IR in uk airspace and your bill will be way higher than planned..

Sometimes easier solutions are not the best ones....so my recommendations is go tanning after your uk licence

I know about the conversions since i initially did my licence in the states many years ago..got a job there and then few years after decided to return home..and had to spend 9 months full time ATPL groundschool and ir with about 3000 hours on turboprops..I then got a job flying jet and upgraded a year later.

Good luck!