PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Sunwing last?
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2008, 12:03
levantes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You never took payments for the leasing fee!
The initial leasing fee to ILFC is $400000 paid by ECA as well as the heavy maintenance!
It is leased to Sunwing for only $276000 per month for a period of 6 months a year during the winter! The remaining 6 months ECA pays the leasing fee to ILFC and $196000 a month for crews to Sunwing! I don't know how much your getting from that money but I'm sure not all of it!
It's not in culture anyway to ask for a lot!
Some deal hah....
Crew utilization in Crete is zero!
Last year 2 a/c, 12 crews, 55 layovers per pilot. This year 1 a/c, 8 crews, 46 layovers per pilot. The other aircraft has I guess simillar number of crews for Sunwing, paid of course by ECA including accomodation which wasn't to your standards (which I agree)!
You Sunwing pilots don't underestimate me as I'm NOT that stupid to insist nor shortsighted! We have facts in our hands that prove this is a bad deal for us and the government as the owner is already informed and will take action!
There are other ways to occupy 6 aircraft and make profit!
We don't need the "Canadian Hand" to pull us from the mud!
By the way we don't just fly for 6 months! ECA has been around for 16 years now and survived two Gulf wars which affected tourism substantially down here!
But if you insist I don't mind doing what you asked for!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Last edited by levantes; 6th Oct 2008 at 12:58.