PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much aeroplane do you really need?
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2008, 09:05
ChampChump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RansAndrew says much of what many of us have been thinking for a long while. Each to his/her own, but for getting airborne regularly and for fun, the 'LSA' market is hard to beat. I've said it ad nauseum elsewhere, but it's as much about the people one meets and one tends to meet the people to keep one motivated, curious, inspired and on track where one sees such machines. IMHO.

There's no such thing as cheap flying, but I don't see much evidence yet in the hours flown by the rag-and-tube, wood'n'fabric brigade. With the support of & company with another well-known Rans man, I've been to Denmark, Germany and France in my Champ and hope to continue the touring and fly-in fun for a good while yet. This, plus plenty of local flying, keeps us very happy.

It's not a reverse-pi$$ing contest, I hope, but since the OP already answered his question, I'll agree: for me, not too much. Extra speed is the last thing I want, as I discovered recently in a different machine. Where are you? Oh, back there. That won't do at all; first person in has to buy the tea and pay the landing fees.