PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 5th Oct 2008, 19:37
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that the lack of honest reasons given for why we are forced to undergo the amount of checks is destabilising. If you give less than honest answers then don't expect your passengers to have the same amount of respect for airline staff as we once had. Personally the airport experience in the UK treats us as retarded morons to be herded, quite literally like sheep to part company with our cash to keep us calm until the plane eventually arrives. Putting staff in those silly bloody dayglo vests makes them look and behave like council jobsworths on a power trip.

When airlines provide service levels like that and you will get the passengers you deserve.

Onse on board, watching some of the larger cabin crew glare at the now seated potential terrorists as the pilot dives for the safety of the forward loo is comic. I have seen these guys flex as if they are in the SAS all to prevent someone trying to get into the flightdeck with a yoghurt sneaked through security.

It's a continual drip, drip, drip, of cultural change within the industry which now has an us and them attitude between them and passengers. Lest anyone ever use the term SLF I would sack every damn one of em. This is a service industry after all.