PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2008, 15:29
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Brian Dixon:
Airworthiness is, of course, an issue concerning several terrible accidents. However, I feel that each incident should be presented to the MoD, and Mr Hutton, by those best placed to present their particular case. After all, why should it be only our magnificent service people who are forced to fight on more than one front!
Which War, Front or Battle this campaign commits to is of course the business of those who do the fighting. As an Armchair ex-Cold War Warrior (all derogatory terms in the PPRuNe lexicon I believe) far be it from me to attempt to direct them to do otherwise. I would suggest, however, that the "Airworthiness Issue" is very much on the same front, though perhaps in a Strategic rather than Tactical sense. As to your why? Brian, I would say that the worthy aim of this thread, the rightful restoration of the reputations of two gallant officers, would be even more worthy if it also helped to reinstate the proper provision of Airworthiness to the UK Military Airfleets now known to be so severely and deliberately reduced by command of Senior Officers at the MOD. Such reinstatement would mean lives being saved in the future, by avoiding avoidable accidents such as the one which is the subject of this thread.