PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2008, 14:18
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brussels Airlines

The Brussels Airlines ARJ-operated BRU-BRS-BRU was reduced from 3 x weekdaily to 2 x weekdaily last year. Some years ago it was 4 x weekdaily under Brussels Airlines’ predecessors, still with ARJ equipment.

Until this summer there was a late evening inbound which night-stopped and went back to BRU early in the morning, together with another rotation later in the day.

This year the night-stopping ceased and, instead, an inbound has been arriving at BRS from BRU at 0705, departing back to BRU at 0735. The second rotation of the day arrives at BRS mid-evening and again returns half an hour later. The timetable shows no alteration to this rotation.

The re-scheduling from the end of this month (according to the SN timetable) sees the morning inbound arriving at BRS at 1010 before returning to BRU half an hour later.

It means that meaningful day trips to Brussels will become next to impossible which, if the airline’s statement as reported in the newspaper in question is correct, could mean SN attaches significant importance to South Wales business passengers. How much this says about the profile of the passengers overall is open to all sorts of interpretations from those of us who are not SN insiders.

I've used the service and a 0735 departure is much more preferable to me than a 1040 one. Half the day will be over before one arrives in Brussels. But I'm a leisure traveller these days.

There will continue to be one rotation on Sundays.

I agree with WATABENCH that this is an airline decision and there is nothing in it for Bristol Airport to crow about, even if it wanted to and I see no evidence that it did.