PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2008, 12:15
Polorutz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daydreamer, If I had to start a career right now as an airline pilot, and I chose an integrated school, I'd still choose CTC, at the end of your training you have the support of the school until the end, it does not matter whether 6 months or 1 year from graduation has passed, they will still support you and place you when the positions become available, the loans not being unsecured anymore is a factor that has more to do with the current market than with CTC itself.

The product is still there, granted when the upturn commences there will be some more experienced pilots and CTC will not have those first places, but after that, when the airlines start looking for FO's and they get their pick, those 6 months on low pay will still sound better than any cadet from other schools so there will still be an advantage for them.

Also CTC might come up with more partnerships, maybe outside europe where the economic climate is still good, they are doing all they can.

I'd look at it the other way around, to anyone wanting to join CTC this is by far the best moment to do it, you might have some trouble securing the financial side but you'll get that in any school, if you can get in, after your training is done in 2 years chances are those same relationships that made CTC what it is will still be there, maybe even some new ones...

You have to be in the game to win it, there's no point on watching on the sidelines, I am in CTC and personally going to come out with a fATPL and 200 odd hours, a lot of debt and not much else at the moment, but at least I know that there are people behind me that are trying their best to get me to the right hand seat, I have the same prospects as anyone from any other integrated school, the way I see it, if I came out of another school I'd still have to come up from the bottom, maybe instruct, then some years later get into the jets after many battles and a turboprop stint, CTC was the easy route and it has now become a bit harder, so what?? Im' pretty sure we'll all get there, this year, next year, maybe 2 years, I could still instruct and wait until CTC places me in the future, whenever that might be.