PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Wish I Hadn't Said That ...
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2000, 02:34
Cyclic Hotline

Very entertaining thread!

Many years ago our hangar was run by a particularly curt and humourless former Clydeside ship-builder who had later moved into the aviation business. He had a fearsome temper and manner, and everyone who came in contact with him, would do their utmost to avoid incurring his wrath and vengeance. He was a man of few words, but when he was angry the Glaswegian accent got stronger and liberal use of expletives multiplied dramatically!

One day in the hangar, a hapless fitter had screwed up on a project and it had been detected by the hangar boss. He marches out across the hangar to ream out his poor, cringing, victim....

Hangar Boss -(in full Glaswegian) "You f***ing worthless f***ing piece of f***ing sh**e! It dosen't f***ing matter what the f*** I give you to f***ing do, all you ever f***ing do is f*** it up, rant, f***ing rage, etc, f***ing etc."

Fitter - (cringingly) "Oh come on boss, everyone has a bad day."

In an almost sympathetic tone the Boss replies, "Aye, ye're right, I suppose everybody has a bad f***ing day now and then."

Then resorting to his normal and more typical self, through gritted teeth, he spits, "But YOU have 365 of the f***ers a year!' and stamps off to spoil someone else's day!

[This message has been edited by Cyclic Hotline (edited 15 October 2000).]