PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas:The Trashing Of A Brand
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2008, 09:21
Pole Vaulter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arriving back in BNE after visiting various SE Asia countries makes me ashamed to call my self Australian. Singapore is so professional and courteous as is Hong Kong. On arriving home the lines were so long I could not believe and when I attemped to use my mobile phone to ring home I was shouted at by one of our goons in uniform and told I could not use a phone in the customs area. I politely asked why as there was no sign to the advise of that and was rudly told there is no sigh you are just expected to know that. Welcome to Australia. Why is it in this country we put a uniform on someone and immediately we must not smile, we must be rude and bombastic to everyone we encounter and just make a fool of yourself. No wonder OZ is not on the tourist route any more. Even the uniformed officers in Hawaii made a joke out of the fingerprinting and photo at customs and it all took a matter of seconds to be done. Wake up and treat people how you would like to be treated yourself. I guess that would be too much to ask our customs people in OZ