PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airspace Discussion
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2008, 06:38
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaddy

I think you join the other two at the back.

Not going to spend the time going through your bit by bit - but let's examine the start and finish of your post as samples.

(start of your post):
If it's the same "draft" brochure I have ( a bit of "brochuremanship" here**), the answers are;
YES, when you buy the add-on GPS box from FreeFlight Inc., and;
NO.
Sadly it ain't, and the rest of your argument goes down the gurgler with it.

(end of your post):
Why didn't you put up the diagram for 5000'coverage?? Perhaps because it would illustrate how unlikely it was that ADS-B coverage in the GA altitudes would ever eventuate, except as might be incidental to a mast sighted for high level coverage ??
Your post was at 16:38. Perhaps check mine at 16:00

Checking under the bonnet we find
no COST/BENEFIT justified advantage for most of GA, and precious little for Regional airlines
If ADS-B IN is provided FOC, that argument joins the rest. Then you might note the LHR post re coverage from The Isa to Pth as but one minor example.

Then the end - and what a statement
I suppose you do know that ASA have given no undertaking to provide any low level service, just because "it's there". Indeed, quite the opposite, unless you are a "client", ie; they can send you the invoice.
Now Leaddy, I do/have used numerous ASA services and while VFR have not received an invoice - should I write and tell them? Flight following, flightwatch. nav, position, speed advisory, being tracked across water with a faulty txpdr, Bass Strait crossings - not a cent.

They don't have to give an undertaking to provide a low level service - it's purely an extension of the great services they provide TODAY (and that Dick desires extended even further).

Established four things - in your dreams. Go have a beer and watch for ADS-B (coming to an airspace near you )