PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airspace Discussion
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2008, 01:40
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Via james michael, we get -

Oh, I just remembered your concern at being compared to Walter Mitty and some amazing James Bond analogy you purported. This may help (ah, apology this is the commonly accepted version, not your flight of fiction):
Via - Walter Mitty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Use of the term as an insult, we get - ...Tom Kelly, a spokesman for British prime minister Tony Blair, publicly apologised for referring to David Kelly as "a Walter Mitty character"... David Kelly (weapons expert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

---------------------------------------------------------

james michael, I note in the U.S. there is a little bank problem. My reading of the background to it, is it was caused by greed. It looks to me as though many knew what would happen though just couldnt resist those short term profits and bonuses.

I'm wondering, after reading about the other ASA problems covered in pprun, if there isnt a bit of short term thinking happening with ADS-B ?

Fact - use of knives - lots of eating - small amount of killing people.
I note in Oz that we have security fenceing of regional airports, and ASICs - all aparently just in case Osama gets his hands on a little aircraft and flys off into the nearest building, or whatever. james michael, perhaps your "knife" scenario is valid in the ASIC/Fenceing situation.

As to unmaned GPS guided flying terror weapons that have been deliberatly designed for the job intended, I dont think the knife analogy stacks up.