PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blues if not flying
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2008, 20:46
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread is brilliant. Nine pages of something so trivial it makes me wonder if a lot of people on this site are more concerned about the amount of salt in a Sainsbury sandwich than going on an operational tour. Get a life some of you.

I must admit that when I was in I never had a problem with aircrew wearing flying suits. They are smart, look professional and show an identity. When on detachment, particularly in places like Nellis and TLP I always wore an aircrew Jacket with my name and Sqn badges. The Sqn Flt Sgt always had ago at me, but hey that’s what grumpy old Flt Sgts do. There is nothing wrong with a bit of pride in what you have achieved or what you belong to.

As for the argument about wearing denims; are you really that bitter and twisted that you would wear (even a LOX Bay Pair) a pair of denims in the bar/Tescos/your own home because the aircrew wear growbags.

And to you aircrew that think they walk on water, never forget that history has proved that most people can fly after a bit of practice. There are a lot more people out there in the world that have worked just as hard as you in school and they chose to do something else. Even ragheads and Welshmen can fly planes, so it can’t be that hard. You are just doing a job that a lot of people could do if they had to or wanted to.