PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amberly Aiirshow
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2008, 15:18
Panop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amberley

Sad that the RAAF C-17 went tech before it was due to give its display so was unable to fly. The commentary team saying 'Ah well - but tomorrow will be twice as good as we'll have that one fixed plus a USAF one flying' didn't console me at all but that'll be nice for those going Sunday!

Something horribly wrong with the traffic plan on Saturday morning - almost 2 1/2 hours from Brisbane to Amberley was a bit slower than I was hoping for!

Whilst having a mini-whinge, the promised Caribou was a no show (seen 'em plenty of times before but still love their demo).

Wouldn't it have been great if the USAF could have been persuaded to give us a show with the two F-15s that were in the static park as well - and, whilst wishing, the RSAF F-16 and Puma looked great on the ground but would have looked even better in the air! And, oh how I wish the static Connie could have been allowed to fly for us!

Our view of the second F-111 demos was temporarily interrupted (for some areas of the crowd - including mine!) when a decent sized vortex it created during a manouevre touched down and covered us all with copious fast swirling dust and assorted debris for a short while - my camera lens was nicely coated in fine powdered dust.

Good show though and worth the bargain entrance fee ($15 ad/$5 child) - maybe the train/bus deal would have been better for getting there though. Did anyone try it?