PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2008, 12:12
flightless_bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NZ Groundschool

Originally Posted by jaimz1982
Does anyone out there have any info on the groundschool, can anyone enlighten me whether it's self study / classroom, etc. I've heard it's Bristol, has anyone started doing the EASA sylabus? has it started yet? Does it even exist? I've been looking over some old Oxford Manuals so any advice is appreciated.
Assuming that your CP is an integrated (as opposed to modular) CP then you will do classroom-based study with self-study on top of it. You will start with study to sit the NZ PPL exams (which will allow you to fly in NZ) and then after that do the UK ATPL exam study. (There are a couple of CPs that are in NZ now were changed from integrated to modular for various reasons and their study is solely self-study - although they can go to the classroom sessions if they so desire.)

Unless something drastic changes then it will be the Bristol Ground School course that you will be following. It is a good course and the instructors at Bristol for the brush up course are particularly good.

The EASA syllabus kicks in from about October so since your exams will be in 2009 you will almost definitely be studying the new syllabus (which I've heard is supposed to be harder).