PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Wish I Hadn't Said That ...
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2000, 21:23
desertbootz

Unhappy

This more of a 'I wished he hadn't said that...'. R&R returnees to Aldergrove used to be picked up in civvies by Ulster Buses, some pi$$ poor attempt at being covert perhaps? Whatever, noone was happy with the arrangement and sure enough a bus carrying X Battalion The Y Infantry was bumped with the away team left picking whats left of half a dozen mates out of the trees. Big news, everyone extremely upset, questions in The House etc.
Very shortly afterwards an opportunity came up to offer X Battalion The Y Infantry some work further South 'flushing game' and they, of course, leapt at the chance to go where nothing moves unless it's by Shanks or Fan and it looked like getting a bit hairy.
Buzzard Dude at the receiving end is an ex-hooligan, not known for his tact. He greets the first chalk off the Fan and some shiny new bloke tries the conversational opener of asking him wot the plan is, "I understand we're the 'come on', get them to commit on us and then you chaps pounce" says the shiny one.
"That WAS our plan" replies the ex-hooligan "but then WE all thought you were coming down by bus..."