PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N-Reg, PPL, IR and UK - advice needed
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2008, 06:50
echobeach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Collective friction
I am planning to do the ground school with CATS and then probably MEIR with Billins at cranfield where I did the multi and really enjoyed the experience. In fact it was because I enjoyed the teaching and the flying of the twin there that made me think that the effort to get the IR done was worthwhile. In fact the instruction and honing of schools I had with the multi was such a challenge and fun that it was this that made me think the IR could be looked on as an enjoyable way to fly for a while.
I am not sure if there is a small group that that CATS will be happy teaching at weekends but will ask, and very helpful to know they have done this for you.
I agree that it is easier for me to study more and fly more hours that to take any time off to go to US.
How long did it take you to finish off the ground school before the flying started? It is made out to be the most arduous course but to be honest I actually really enjoyed all the studying for PPL, IMC and ME and I cant believe the IR ground school is as impossible as is made out. My day job has involved a life time of study and exams so I am used to the idea. I accept I may be proven wrong on this one, bt encouraged by your comments.