PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airspace Discussion
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2008, 02:27
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHR

I didn't do the analysis but it is covered in the JCP and the JCP CBA in more detail. It seems CASA, ASFA, etc are of the belief that the TSO 146 will provide - first, terrain alert and second, supporting map data.

I admit to watching the terrain info on my G495 when flying in a/c with no other electronic support.

ADS alone will not prevent CFIT - it's what people do as a result of the cross industry funding to upgrade their GPS capability that will assist.

And, if we take Dick's point re radar surveillance being a safety increase - remembering there are others who decry the 'big brother watching' concept - then ADS-B is an extension of Dick's concept and there may well be a greater safety case with extended areas of surveillance.

I think that answers all three of your points? Dick's argument and mine are not mutually exclusive, rather they are supportive of each other. Others have done the CBA and safety case for mine, just need a case for Dick's.

Bob

You and "your team" whoever they are, support without question the mandate of the equipment.
Pardon? Everything I have seen in support of ADS-B for GA is solidly underwritten with the covenant "subject to the subsidy".

Xinhua 2 genesis - reborn again immediately after a recent outing, following me around, interesting history of posts - draw your own conclusions.

TSO 145/146 - forget chips and motherboards and try
gps.faa.gov and
http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgTSO.nsf/9b4559db46f3a0f985256cfb007c037e/8f5172f7537bbc6286256dad00643ce3/$FILE/C145a.pdf