PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 23:28
cloud747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hot of press ba recruitment

hya all

well more courses have been pen in for training in dec and this is for lgw only, however as i have posted on a previous section, ba has temps on lhr worldwide on 11 month contracts which alot are due to finish in a month or so. However meetings have now taken place between the head of crew and the chairperson of the largest union in ba and it seems that there may be a new agreement to come out in the next week or so were as the temp crew as they are already trained and to save money etc that these crew who are on temp contracts will be offered permanant contracts at lgw and will be put into a pool and will be cherrry picked ie the best of them offered jobs at lgw before any outsider what so ever is trained or offered a course date in the near future. by doing this they can then move the currentlgw crew who some have been there years ( dan air cityflyer and eog) a position at lhr which they have been crying out for for many years. also they have today announced that the atlanta and tolouse routes will now be transfered to lhr from march 09 taking the fleet down by 1 777 so less crew will be needed again.
so if this agreement does go through which seems valid and a good idea i guess that if the take up is good that there will still be less positions for someone who is not already flying as crew for ba as they are talking now of making lgw the only way into ba and work your way up from there.

ALSO THERE IS A MASSIVE WHISPER THAT LOOKS LIKE TO COME TRUE IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO THAT BA ARE TO ANNOUNCE THAT THERE GLASGOW BASE IS TO CLOSE , THEREFORE AGAIN IF THIS DOES HAPPEN BA NORMALLY OFFER CREW THE OPTION TO GO TO LHR WW AS PART OF THE BASE CLOSURE AGREEMENT AND AS WE ARE ALREADY OVER CREWED WITH UNPAID LEAVE BEING OFFERED UP TO FEB 09 IT SEEMS UNLIKELY THAT ANY NEW ENTRANTS WILL BE COMING SOON

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE I JUST HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU