PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airspace Discussion
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 20:35
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Max 1

Great compendium. All it needs is Dick's safety case.

Owen

Much appreciated - makes sense now.

Bob Murphie

Yes the article destroys the argument of your team doesn't it - ADS-B IN integrated in the unit fitted within the cross industry subsidy price and it will be TSO. ADS-B IN, as I think you have previously noted, was the safety feature on which much of the JCP hinged. Well Bob, here it is FREE.

I'll answer your question when Dick stops hiding from mine.

Dick

Here's my summary, much briefer than Max's.

You went Niles as a show of force yesterday - probably needed a diversion from the way your arguments are going down the gurgler. Yet you have no compunction in making improper comments about other posters who are anon, that being your excuse. Very poor taste in my opinion.

You have not provided a link substantiating your rhetoric about FSI and what they said. I suspect your ground shifting is because you are on quicksand.

You ramble on rhetorically about affordable safety and being open minded about it. Where is your support for the Australian (note, Bob) consortium launching the integrated ADS-B unit that enables all GA VFR and IFR pilots to have traffic from other ADS-B equipped aircraft ANYWHERE in Australia. RPT regional pilots would probably find that much more safety oriented than an ATC radar triple checking their choice of socks.

Answer - you test everything against your predetermined USA NAS religion and if it does not fit it is rejected by you. I believe Australia has no hope of airspace or associated technology innovation if you have anything to do with it - unless the yanks do it first. Debating matters with you is useless as you have no desire to do anything but push your crusade.

The stats on the aviation fatals are on an earlier post - should be easy for you to demonstrate to this group how many would have been saved by your proposals.

Last edited by james michael; 3rd Oct 2008 at 20:36. Reason: add "and IFR"