PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying at Night
Thread: Flying at Night
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 20:11
Pullharder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horror Box..

"Off topic - Oh that is good!!! I cannot quite see the correlation here between the black civil rights movement and night flying!! I am sure they were fighting for the advancement of rights and improving opportunity - not banning things! Gave me a grin anyway!"

"On topic - if we want to be narrow minded then we ban night flying. Is this the correct approach?"

Well, off topic, I think you know what I meant...the people fighting for improvement in the civil rights movement were fighting the Government,public and private institutions,the Law etc etc..a massive uphill struggle..but didn't give up...
All we are trying to do is fight to ban a totally unsafe practise for public transport, mainly on the North sea as Tistisnot states that outside of Europe it is actually discouraged!!! Not really a big deal or a huge uphill struggle if we put our minds to it....narrow minded or sensible??? Trying to improve safety isn't narrow minded, and you can have all the equipment in the world, all the bells and whistles,but human error at night offshore will beat it everytime...the accident at Morcombe bay(I know the final report isn't yet published) but do you think some new type of gps guided approach with some sort of vasi or lighting system system on a rig, or anything else would have helped that night on the GA????
Human error rules, Bottom Line, and at night in poor vis,our senses just do not work well enough...

Fly safe
PH.