PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 19:29
Surreyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Guilty Man

I am very guilty of feeling irritated and grumpy when asked for my boarding card at the door for the following reasons: -
1. I assume I am being asked in case I am too stupid to understand where my seat is (I always try and select a specific seat on line or check in early) - even if its unnallocated seating i.e FR or Ezy I know where I am going. Cabin Crew often come across as condescending or treat you like a child.
2. Having been through security and then having had my B/card checked/scanned/logged at the gate, I can't understand why there needs to be another check a few metres walk/seconds later.
3. On FR & Ezy there is always a mad stampede to grab seats, on BA/BMI and other 'Trad' carriers there always seem to be clods who block the gangway putting stuff in the lockers, so I want to get on and in my seat wthout delay.
The worst part of the flying experience is the waiting/queuing and boarding experience, I want to get this out of the way ASAP.