PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blues if not flying
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 19:05
Chris Griffin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Pylot said.

On a serious note, I couldn't give a fat pigs derrier whether I have to go to work in the babygrow or blues.

However, what it will do is make our jobs harder to crew the last minute aeromed, Comp A or spec as no one is in correct rig. Only if this situation happens will this be changed. ...and no we dont have lockers or locker rooms.

Yes we are in the military, but to a man we are professional and all we want to do is do our job to the best of our abilities especially in the cases listed above. If we cannot due to this directive then the directive needs changing, and our concerns regarding tasking and merely doing our job needs to be addressed.

What we have seen over the last six months is a gradual introduction of several minor factors which make our job harder to perform; eg new planning software which has put us back on whiteboards and excel spreadsheets; an imprest system which means you can't afford to eat ($57 per day for breakfast lunch and supper) and this directive. I just know there will be those saying " dry your eyes", but they have made the job harder and less enjoyable. FACT.

Although these are uncertain times, the pools are drying up and people are still leaving and planning to leave. The train is only half full and the rest of the carriage are now thinking of getting off at the next stop.

Trivial this may be, but combine it with the other trivialities and then try and explain to me how there isnt a push factor.