PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blues if not flying
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 18:34
Pylot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Envy coloured egyptian cotton man sized baby grows.........

The policy is largely irrelevant as it only airs already existing rules. I am more concerned about the reaction of some of the non-flyers whose only contribution to this professional aircrew forum is deride and denigrate the flying professionals for whom it exists.

There are rather too many non-aircrew who seem to take great satisfaction in the idea that we flyers will lose sleep because we might have to wear blues once in a while. I am sorry to burst your bubbles ladies but we don't really care - most of us will continue to wear flying suits if on flying or flying related duties like the order says. For an average aircrew mate on a squadron that would be all working days with a letter 'y' in them.

I am not in any way criticising the vast majority of professional ground crew in the RAF, and in the unlikely event that one of you is reading this, I would just like to say thank-you. Those of you I am referring to know who you are and should be ashamed of yourselves. You are the ones being divisive, and sniping at flying suits and flying pay makes you sound sad, jealous little unfortunates who didn't make selection. If you really don't like working in an organization which employs aircrew, and provides them with appropriate clothing which they actually wear, then why did you join the RAF, ffs?

I for one will enjoy wearing my envy coloured egyptian cotton man-sized baby grow all the more for the rage that it so obviously causes in some sad,unbalanced individuals. For good measure I will don a leather jacket and chip-bag hat to boot. I imagine this look, combined with a pair of premium brand aviation sunglasses, will have some of you apoplectic! Now, as they say in England, I must fly!