PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safe as villas; How well insulated is DXB?
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 18:24
Phantom Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So - anybody still considering to buy must be outright naive - to put it mildly - Realize it & face it - the boom & party in the sandpit is over - worse to come - Not for me - i'm gonna go back to europe asap - i just had enough from these greedy clowns here! You bet!

That pretty well sums it up. Pity that greed will forever remain the motivating force for a majority of mankind.

Incidentally, being only a simple pilot and not an economist, could one of the "experts" tell me who is holding on to all the money that is still surely floating around in the world? Who is going to be snapping up all those foreclosed properties at bargain basement prices to be sold back to the peasant masses (aka "hoi polloi") at yet again inflated sub-prime rates sometime in the future? According to some of the banking whizkids, there is still lots of liquidity in the market. Armageddon is not round the corner, at least not yet.

To paraphrase a famous quote which I have always felt has much to offer in the Aviation world- "Man has oft more need to be reminded than informed". We are forever reinventing the wheel, be it in flying or anything else!