PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blues if not flying
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 17:43
TheInquisitor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, once again, what exactly IS some people's issue with aircrew wearing flying suits? I have not yet seen a convincing argument as to why we shouldn't. It makes not one blind bit of difference to you. Petty envy is the only thing that springs to mind. Like I said, you want to wear one? Get selected, do the trg, qualify.

Aircrew on a flying tour should wear flying suits.

Those who work in an office (aircrew on ground tours included) should wear blues.

Those who work in the field or on ops (not REMFS in UK bunkers) should wear CS95.

Those who do manual labour, or work in a dirty environment, should wear overalls, or suitable PPE, and change out of it at the end of their shift (like any other similar job in civvy street).

Now, what is so difficult about all that?

I'm willing to bet that if the IBN stated that ALL RAF personnel are to wear flying suits, there would be little complaint from the "Nasty Aircrew in their flying suits make me feel inferior" brigade....

Besides, in blues there is always the chance, from behind, or from a distance, of Aircrew being mistaken for somebody unimportant who didn't try hard enough at school. Or the danger of a SWO confusing you with somebody who gives a sh!t! Geez, you'll be bleating about our wheelbarrow-loads of flying pay every month next......