PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blues if not flying
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 17:16
MG

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
PN, I do agree that our No 2 dress leaves quite a bit to be desired. The zip up jacket is annoymous and the public don't, at the moment know what we stand for. If, however, we do start wearing the uniform in public on a regualr basis, there is the faintest possiblity that Joe Public might accuse an RAC patrolman of being a member of the RAF! As for improvements to blues, how about a proper rankslide to replace the abhorant practice of stapling or sellotaping together? I wouldn't be adverse to seeing wings and medals pinned on a shirt.
As for your other points, 'loss of war fighting edge'? Nope, can't see how wearing blues helps nor hinders when in an office.
Blue overalls? They were blue when I joined and we were fighting on ops, albeit only in a few key areas. Green overalls will be replaced with blue when they need to be. I guess that it will be phased in, not 'you are to wear the new ones on Monday'. Green are hardly necessary for camouflage and thinner ones in desert will still be used, I imagine.
Finally, I concentrated on flying suits 'cos that's the title of the thread!