PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 16:58
bristowburnout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

How amazing that Takoradi is only a couple of hours from Lagos, yet a crappy old 76A++ is sent from Europe business unit while the WEST AFRICAN STRATEGIC BUSINESS UNIT (which is what the Bristow operation in Nigeria is officially part of) didn't get the business. What an indictment of super-efficient, job-cutting, coffee-charging, CLA-cutting Mike Armlick can sack a bunch of nationals and bring misery to their many family members and charge a European Starbucks price for a lousy cup of Nescafe in the BRC, but he couldn't get a contract in a country in his own neighbourhood. Or maybe it should be an indictment of his suitcase carrier and commercial manager Lapdog Oh Ya Lekker . I'll bet not a single tear is shed when he gets the push, but he won't care, he'll have met his KPIs and leave with a big profit bonus that he stole off the backs of the small people whose jobs Foamy Coolings persuaded him to cut. He's a tight Jock accountant and probably doesn't give a damn about the people whose lives he's blighted or the fact that he's totally destroyed morale in Nigeria. What on earth has this got to do with business integrity? It's actually illegal in Nigeria to employ someone as a contractor for more than 2 years without offering them a contract of permanent employment and the Nigerian government has said it is going to crack down on these bad employers who are just exploiting their workers. But I'm sure it's all done with the best possible integrity . Never mind, he's really achieved Target Zero in record time - zero morale, zero real pay rise, zero CLA. Bristow Helicopters Nigeria - One Mission, Many Worlds, No Team Spirit any more. All I can say to whoever has gone to Takoradi is, fight to make sure you don't get taken under the wing of WASBU. If you do, you'll suddenly realise that it wasn't the feathers on the wing you were taken under, but the feathers on the backside and you're about to get cr*pped on from above by a mean-spirited $hite hawk

I'd rather work as a garbage cleaner than ever return to that place under its present senior management.