PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blues if not flying
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 16:24
MG

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
What Rubbish!

The replies I mean, not the dress regs!

I read page 1 and couldn't be bothered with the rest as it was such a load of twaddle! The ruling has absolutely nothing to do with wearing flying suit when only flying. As someone correctly said, it says flying related, therefore that covers just about all eventualities. It has nothing to with being in JHC either as Air has full command on this one so, JHC or not, the rules apply if you're in the RAF. All it is about is raising the RAF's profile which just has to be a good thing. No more covering up when driving to work, be proud! And certainly no walking over to the car park with a civvy jacket on just because you're too idle to salute.

Come on guys, it won't change anything except that you will be recognised as RAF and not an amorphous mass in CS95. Those of you who are bleating because 'a mate read it and told me what he thought it meant' continue, day in day out across stations and on here, to give the RAF the worst possible name.
You exasparate me, you really do. In 23 years and 4 days of wearing a blue suit I can still say that I'm proud of being in the RAF and this ruling is a step towards raising our profile to where it really should be.