PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Steve Fossett missing - Final NTSB Report
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 16:23
dicksorchard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Incapacitated at the controls

Is it not possible that Steve Fossett may have been incapacitated due to a sudden illness and was incapable of flying his aircraft ?

This seems a much more likely set of events than people questioning the mans flying ability .

I find the probability that the guy has had a heart attack or maybe stroke or seizure very high .

This would go some way to explaining the mystery as to how he could fly the aircraft into a mountainside .

After all Mr Fossett was in his 60's and could quite easily have an undiagnosed medical condition.

My friend ( just turned 50 ) seemed in perfectly good health and had recently passed all his medicals yet he had a massive heart attack just 6 hours after arriving
home from a flight to Malaga and back ( As Captain ).

There was absolutly no indication that my friend was in any way ill or suffering from heart problems . Thanfully he is alive and well but retired . Although we always wonder what could have happened had he been flying and become incapacitated .

I feel very sorry for all concerned but i bet the Fossett family are actually relieved to finally find out what happened to Their Steve .

The conspiracy theory will be know more and those that started it are looking rather stupid now .

R.I.P