PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 16:15
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a frequent flier and having flown with more than a handsworth of different airlines from Ryanair to Air France in the last twelve months, the amazing lack of consistency is appaling. Some airlines trust the gate agent on the airbridge to not allow randoms onto the plane and yet others insist on checking my pass less than 30 seconds afterwards as I board. I had an experience with BA in Aberdeen last year where they had told Aviance to check ID at the gate on domestic flights.....fortunately for me they accepted a bank card (!) It was very Ryanair.....

The "just obeying orders" and then blatantly making up reasons to play up on security yet again is soul destroying. It's like all those people who RISK THEIR LIVES taxi-ing on airlines that allow you to use the mobile when clear of the runway. Please stop treating us like naughty children. OK it's not the FA's fault buy come on guys we're not thick. It's the blatant bull*** reasons that upsets me, as if we all only fly once a year and don't experience other carriers!