PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 12:03
Wibblemonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This post is not meant as an attempt at trolling

I travel weekly on a domestic carrier in the UK & the reason I'm grumpy by the time I get to the plane is for the following reasons:

1> The Airport security is a total joke, & the security staff make you feel like a terrorist when you go through the scanners - yes I know we "have" to have some security in this day & age, but a few members of staff rival the gestapo while performing their duties.

2> The great Airport rip off - you can't take liquids into departures sir - its a "security" risk (infact I've witnessed Sleazy-Jet CC attempting to sneak some through the scanners, only to be picked up & given a stern telling off "you should know better" made me smile, especially when her captain, who was putting his shoes on next to me said "Silly bint, we told her not to bother" – slightly relvent to this post, but funny none the less) - anyway you get through to departures, you are a captive audience & get your pants pulled down for a Latte & a sandwich

3> The Airline/Airport lying to you/not informing you about the delay on your flight - ah yes, your flight is due to depart at 19:15, you wait in departures like a good little boy, watching the screens, you notice the clock rolling on to 19:00 - hmmm, I should be at the gate by now, but the board says "wait in departures" - I smell a rat... so you wait a bit longer - 19:10 - Garbled tannoy "Your flight has been delayed till 20:15" - ok, so its an hour late, no biggie. You sit back down & wait for the new departure time. 20:15 rolls by and a new tannoy blares through the departure lounge that the flight is going to be delayed a further hour and a half. Now I'm pretty sure that the Airline/Airport staff already knew the flight was going to be 2hrs 30mins late, but they don't want to tell you that at check in as you are likely to kick off at the check in desk & the poor check in staff don't want angry customers interfering with their discussion of the latest lipstick colours available from Alpha Airport shopping (other airport shops are not available) – oh and they would have to give you some refreshment vouchers, but this way they dont... grrrr!

4> You finally make it to the Plane, you get a lame ass excuse about the plane going tech & they are exceptionally apologetic, however a cup of tea is still £2:50, but comes with a free smile from the CC.. that’s ok then

So there you go, thats why some of us are a little grumpy when we are greeted by the face of the airline and asked for our boarding pass. I myself try not to be rude to the CC onboard, I was taught that manners cost nothing & if you don't have anything good to say then say nothing (some may say that applies to this post, but as a PAX/SLF - terms that annoy me tbh - I was asked for reasons for grumpy-ness), I just show my boarding pass, sit down, shut the fudge up & wait for the seatbelt signs to go off so I can drone out the sound of the engines with my ipod. DONE!