PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 11:08
flightless_bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy_uk
Can someone tell me the difference between CTC iCp and the wings scheme? Surely if they have lost the loan agreement these are exactly the same?

Also could someone please explain what the CAA licensing fees are, and how much they could equate to?

Finally what are peoples thoughts on the cityjet wings scheme? The salary does not sounds very promising at all, I could get substantially more by just sticking with engineering.

Thanks
My understanding about the major difference between the Wings and the iCP scheme is that the Wings scheme includes the MCC and JOC and that CTC will try to place you with one of their partner airlines and that the iCP course only takes you to getting your CPL/IR. (I'm not going to debate whether or not CTC can currently place cadets in this climate, that's another topic for discussion.) And obviously you are free to apply for the CTC ATP scheme after you have finished the iCP course but that is another process with additional costs as far as I remember.

I'd imagine CAA licensing fees are the fees you pay for your licence issue. I'd start by looking on the CAA website to find out how much they are. Their website is a nightmare to find anything on though. The best way I have found is to click on 'Shortcut Web Addresses' and then find what you're looking for on the page which displays. In this case you're probably after Flight Crew Licensing - Charges in which case try this:
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/srg_fc...es_prof_05.pdf

With regards to the CityJet wings scheme, from what I have heard the base salary is low but the flight allowances bring it up substantially to a level comparable with cadet pilot salaries paid by other airlines.