PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Couple of things
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 10:47
Celtic Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mark... you will got a whole load of mixed opinions coming back to you... You could view the industry being bad at the mo, which no doubt it is, however the industry would be described as cylindrical, meaning that there will be good times ahead again for people looking for jobs..

What is hard to predict is how long it will take to get to that stage where low houred pilot s are required again.. Im sure you have heard of zoom and xl going bust, well this means that there are alot of experienced guys out there out of jobs and also looking...

As regards the route you have chosen well, there is nothing at all wrong with it, it is very wise to choose this way at the minute... Since you have already got a well paid job, then there would be no point in giving it up just to got into debt...However you must be aware of time constraints plced on you..

After you finish you first ATPL exam, i think you have 18 months to finish the rest of them. (someone correct me if im wrong)

After you finish all of your ATPL's then I think you have 36 months to gain your CPL/IR, or it will not be classed as a fATPL(again correct me if im wrong)

There are many route to choose to do an fATPL, research different schools which do modular like oxford, cabair, stapleford..etc...

good luck

CP