PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - monarch alicante and back
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 07:38
martin1969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
monarch alicante and back

Hi , ive just returned from a short break in spain , there were 2 things that happened that i was curious about ,
On landing in alicante from manchester on tuesday at about 11 am as the plane was decelerating down the runway there was like a bang and every one was thrown forward , it was though the pilots stamped on the brakes , we were sat opposite one o the air crew and she looked puzzled , i was just wondering what it was
The return trip on thursday (yesterday) was delayed byabout 2 & 1/2 hours (not a real problem )but on boarding the plane on push back the captain was kind enough to explain the reason behind the delay : the day before the aircraft had been involved in an incident with a split fuel hose on a filling tanker that resulted in the craft getting doused in aviation fuel , the reason for delay being the clean up and replacing all the parts that got contaminated eg brakes etc , although this information was informative it resulted in my girlfriend spending the rest of the flight on pins as she is already a nervous flyer she couldnt believe the captain was so honest she said she d have rather he said nothing or at least changed the story a bit so not to alarm the more nervous of the passengers , personally i was more gratefull for the complimentary drink we recieved for the delay , what is the general opinion on this , should captains give so much information when there are very likely to be some passengers who will be scared by it