PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Instruction in SE Asia
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 05:56
HVYMETLDRIVERWANNABE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Flight Instruction in SE Asia

Hey just looking for a little advice this is my first post! Don't worry I've read this forum for awhile and researched flight instruction jobs in SE Asia so my question isn't... so whats it like?

My question is what is the best schools to work for in this part of the world? The ones I'm aware of our...

China:

Juitan Spartan- I've been in touch with them and they basically said if I'm interested they'll take things to the next step. I've heard mixed things about the operation of this academy.

Beijing PanAm-Heard terrible things though supposedly it pays more.

Thailand:

Nakom Phanom: Also heard bad things about this company and not just oh well the students are pushed through (like most Asia), I heard that the school is on its way out and instructors are having trouble being paid? Not to mention ridiculous mis-management issues.

Phillipines:

Clark Aviation Institute: heard great things but do they take FAA licenses? Seems very professional and safe!

Cambodia:

just kidding

Vietnam:

No GA

Laos and Burma:

??????

I've really got a fix to travel and since the airlines probably won't be picking me up anytime soon I figure the flight school way is my best bet! The only issue of course is money, my student loans run me about 650/ mo USD (ouch) but thats the only bill I'd have to float back home here in the States.

Oh and my resume is FAA certs with Comm/Multi/Instrument with 1200TT, 540 Instruction, 720 PIC, 50 Multi, and 280 Turbine on the PC-12. Two years ago I would have been gold to fly some heavy metal here but now I'm stuck. Either way I'm not in a rush to build time I do about 80/month here in Miami, I'm just looking to get a change of scenery and live a decent lifestyle!

Anyways, any advice, spirious generalities, or other mentionable flight schools I missed whatever don't hesitate!

Thanks again.