PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX New business class (coffin class) design feedback
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 03:51
kluge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CX New business class (coffin class) design feedback

I flew back in business class Sydney to HK on CX100 yesterday - Captain Tong at the helm.

Here's some feedback for those interested, I also submitted similar comments on the CX form but not sure whether it will actually ever be delivered or feedback noted.

Cabin Crew: 10/10 Professional, attentive, assertive, smiling. They really did a great job.

Food: Ran out of my choice (Indian). Replacement vegetarian (which looked the best on the trolley) really was mediocre. Not the cabin staff fault. These tickets are V expensive - running out of selections is just not on. Yes I understand the logistics but the problem has a solution - pre ordering at check in. Starter was good, wine selection ok but the cheese that was served was too cold. Overall catering quality 4/10

IFE: fantastic 10/10. Really superb system.

Seat design: Very comfortable 7/10.

Business Class Design: 3/10.
I traveled with a business colleague. We couldn't talk to each other. Both agreed that it felt like sitting in a coffin. The area wasn't wide enough to open up a newspaper unlike the old traditional fore/aft seating design.I noticed that the seatbelt buckle is of the "car type" connector and that there is an airbag built into the strap. Seems like a "kluge" to me especially in a prang in brace position. Overall it felt very claustrophobic compounded by the usual roasting hot cabin air temp despite requests to reduce it. It must have been around 25 deg in there.

Overall not bad but personally I prefer the old configuration. Looking forward to comparing Qatar Business.

BTW Kingsford Smith really is a rip off. AUD$4 for a baggage trolley ! Please. Travelex wanted to charge AUD$9 as a fee to transfer AUD back to HKD. I changed it back in HK for a much cheaper fee for the same rate. It really felt that the airport was taking the pi$$ out of the passengers.