PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blues if not flying
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 00:03
FJ2ME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all the people who have commented here at the 'preciousness' of RAF aircrew at such a trivial rule, you fools have missed the point. It is precisely the triviality of this point, and its untimely thrusting upon us that is the source of the dissatisfaction. This is the sort of rule that could be pondered, researched and reported on when everything else is tickety-boo, not when the walls are crumbling around us.

Here's food for thought-what exactly is "flying related" about standing in front of a Harrier in an international party suit to deliver an address on Equality and Diversity...? Are we to believe that Air Marshall Torpy trotted that performance out shortly before strapping the mighty FOD-hoover to his back and venturing skywards...I don't think so. Clearly he believes that aircrew should dress as such, so come on Sir, put the handbrake on this stupid rule that you clearly don't believe in yourself.

And while you've freed up all that conference and consultation time-can we have some new aircraft please?