PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabair/Oxford ATPL
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2008, 21:46
Tootles the Taxi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blighty Pilot

I'd choose Oxford every time! I went to Oxford 8 years ago now and if I were to start all over again or send my children to any FTO it would be to Oxford
When you went there 8 years ago, you didn't happen to stay by chance? Your preceding post sounds like it could have come straight from the marketing dept.

1800ed

I know of someone who trained with them, and the one story that sticks out is he had two engine failures in one day on the same aircraft out in Phoenix, which doesn't sound right.
Yeah, it's part of the syllabus! Anyway, sounds like extremely good training to me; no covering the throttle quadrant whilst you simulate a failed donk - far more realistic
Cabair have traditionally had a reputation for what you describe - but then the sales people don't tend to talk about that.

badadj

oxford has some nice looking sims but a poor fleet in kidlington and an appalling fleet in goodyear....Netjets appear to agree with me.
Can you substantiate any of that? Are you describing the maintenance/servicability of the fleets or the condition of the aircraft themselves & if the latter, in comparison to what?
Also, are you a Netjets cadet? One should be careful writing negatively on public forums if you are - look what happened to the last one