PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all the Boys and girls flying in Sudan.
Old 2nd Oct 2008, 19:59
ARENDIII

Location: Thank GOD for engineers! I sometimes know my co-pilots name.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you!

Thanks Maxrated and J BE(to differentiate from the JB!)
I will certainly think again and ask a few more questions before I fly in this area again, and you can bet the "company" will also get asked a few questions.
You only get one chance in this game and you had better have your ducks in a row.
As for the ****ty e-mails, I have not had the opportunity to answer one of these as I have not had one to date-time will tell.
However, I think you know what my reply will be-if I even condescend to answer such rubbish.
This system is being used to target individual crews which negates the whole system. It was initially introduced on a non-punitive basis but as we all know due to the ineptitude of those who administer it, it will eventually descend into chaos and engender a climate of mistrust.
Surely we can learn from the airlines and adopt procedures and limits that fit with the profiles that we need to fly.
This reminds me of a co-pilot on the sim when we were surely on our way down and I asked for help on the rudders-all he cou'd do was say that he had amber light's on his hydraulic panel!!!
True to company SOP until the earth doth rise up and smite us.
Fortunately I managed to convince him that I needed a bit more from him at the time-we made it, JUST!.
So, here we are all nicely stabilised on an approach-hope the flash card is as crashproof as the FDR and CVR. If not-Why bother?
All the money you spent on flight data monitoring will burn just as surely as everything else-maybe you will hear me asking that on the CVR?
Fly safely chaps,
Do whatever is neccessary to ensure a safe flight-if that includes some awkward questions-go fot it!.
ArendIII.