PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working Together
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2008, 19:07
radar707

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that management are aware of the amount of goodwill that keeps the units going, however they choose to accept it as the norm and have come to rely on this goodwill (and on occasions abusing it).

Giving up anything other than MUR will only serve to cause problems at the centres as sadly us at the airports operate to MUR.

No training, no more coming in on days off for meetings, insisting that mediacals are undertaken during working hours, making sure that (and this is for us at the airport radar units) we are logged in to the OPM when sitting around waiting for traffic as director, no more making it work when we are short staffed, no more doing that extra few minutes because the WM has cocked up the break plan. Insisting on having a full 1/2 hour break after doing anything work related following a session on console.

All these things will serve well to get the message across to management that we have been carrying this company for far to long and for once we are going to stand up and fight for those terms and conditions that we currently enjoy and to protect those terms (including the pension that I signed up for, not the one they want me to have now).

Failing that then I and the vast majority of my colleagues are prepared to walk.

As has been said many many times before, the powder is dry, and protecting our pension scheme is something that I and the overwhelming majority of my colleagues are willing to light the blue touch paper and stand well back behind lighted oil drum, carrying placards for .