PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2008, 17:13
flyboyweeksy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAA = Committee Against Aviation

I'll try not to rant on this one, but just curious to see whether anyone else has had the same problem and tosee your views...

I went for a Class 1 medical in January of this year. I did not gain my Class 1 for the reasons that when I was younger, I had astigmatism in my right eye and subsequently was corrected as much as possible without surgery. I have glasses and my left eye is 20/20. Now the dilemma is: if I had had my PPL, they would've issued my Class 1 there and then (with my eyes in the state they are). However, I don't have my PPL... yet. Does anyone else find this strange/stupid or is it me no understanding the logic?So they are willing to issue a Class 1 with my eyes as they are with a PPL but not willing to issue it at this time. Does it matter that you have a license but still have non-20/20 vision....

Forgot to mention, I don't need to wear my glasses day to day only when Im using the computer for long periods, otherwise I can see clearly. But obviously have glasses to help my stronger eye, so its not weakened.

Last edited by flyboyweeksy; 2nd Oct 2008 at 17:30.